Thursday, March 3, 2011

Crafty

I'm on an arts and crafts kick.  I'm tired of letters and numbers and boring things like that.  Let's be creative!  I also was inspired by a website that I found by reading the comments section of the PW homeschooling blog.  I don't home school and I never read comments of other people's blogs so this was perfectly by chance that I found this.  It's so fun: moms, have fun! The website is pinkandgreenmama.blogspot.com.  This lady has all kinds of great craft ideas.  I think we're going to first try the driveway paint.  There is also a section of favorite art supplies for toddlers and preschoolers where I learned about these nifty little crayon rocks that will appear in a little lady's Easter basket this year.

By the way, the playroom is complete except for a painting that Woody wants to do for the big blank wall and some baskets that Target was sold out of.  Our favorite feature so far is the craft table...(not just because I'm on a kick, either).  Big Pappy saved this from church when they cleaned out the children's area a while back. It's those miniature tables that I'm sure have been used since the 60s or perhaps earlier.  They are beyond sturdy...my 6'5" dad used to stand on them to yell at 5th grade boys who misbehaved.  And, they wipe clean with a baby wipe.  It's the exact width of the window and fits snugly underneath the window frame.  It's perfect. 

No comments: