Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Style

So, have you noticed the side pony tail is back in style?  I know this because I recently sat behind the youth at church. Every girl there had one.  I then confirmed this hunch while recently browsing fashion magazines.  "Fashion Magazines?!" you may say...."Leigh Ann is not the fashion magazine type."  You are correct.  I am not.  But I recently realized most all of my clothes were purchased somewhere between 2000 and 2003.  After that, I started wearing scrubs for work which meant I didn't need nice clothes.  Then, I got pregnant and wore maternity clothes. Then there's that whole year where you just don't know what size you are so you wear weird combinations of clothes you already have because you don't want to buy more clothes.  That's how it happens.  I'm that mom who in the 90's was still tight rolling jeans and wearing  bangs sprayed a mile high because she didn't know any better.  I'm totally clueless as to what is in style.  I literally started doing research and I have to say...I don't like it.  Skinny jeans are bad enough but "jeggings?"  Do you really expect me to wear a wide belt on the outside of my shirt?  Maybe I'll just start with the side pony tail.

No comments: