Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Festivities- Reid's

Well, Autumn has arrived.  I like fall just as much as the next guy...the colors, the holidays, the decorations, the weather... But, unlike my sweet innocent Hope, I know what's coming...WINTER. I do not love that so fall is bittersweet to me.  It's my resolution to enjoy each season and find or make the best of it.  In that spirit, I begin a new blog mini series: Fall Festivities.  Technically, we went to Reid's a few days before fall, but it counts because 1. I'm posting it in fall and 2. Hope went back yesterday, the first full day of fall.  She bought apples with Grammy, somehow convinced Grammy to buy her a cute little pumpkin and cheese puffs (cheese puffs?!), and made applesauce at Grammy's house. Very fall indeed.
Hope was really into this guy.  I asked her his name.  She answered "Old Man."

I REALLY like the fall squashes and gourds. Hope called them all "funny pumpkins"

Love this little face!!

Reid's has an area called Reidland.  If it were still spring, I'd have made a post to go with the park tour of this place.  It's not spring-it's fall- so we're doing "Fall Festivities."  This place is also not technically a park.  You have to pay.  Entrance is $4 per child.  PER CHILD OVER 2 THAT IS.  I didn't know that.  I paid my $4.  My mom took her back and realized it was free.  Knowing that, I'm sure we'll be back.  If not....well you be the judge, but I'm not sure it's worth $4.  This picture is the corn pit.  It's a wonderful idea for an alternative to a sand box.  They have sand box toys in there.  It was Hope's favorite part.

There's a big black...thing.  Fun to run through, I guess.

Here's my favorite.  Hope is not correctly demonstrating here, but you walk in this thing and it rolls along the white tubes.  Get it? I tried it and it was pretty fun.  Makes you feel like a human hamster in a wheel except your wheel is actually going somewhere.

The main attraction.  The big slides.  Yes, Hope walked up those stairs fully intending to go down.  She did, but I had to go with her.  Just between us: I was a little scared my first trip down.  It goes fast!  There's also a smaller slide set.  You climb up hay bails to get to it.  Scratchy, but cute.  Sorry, no pictures of that.

Does this bring back your childhood?  Whew! It does for me.  I love these candy sticks.  LOVE them!  We bought Hope one.  Not that big one she's holding here (remember my last post about being healthy again?)  The small ones are only 15 cents. That makes me like them more.  What were they when we were growing up? Maybe a nickel?  At any rate, Welcome Fall. 

No comments: