Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cookie Monsters

PJ day continues.... So, I think a day at home in your jammies calls for cookies.  And, I have to say- I make some mean chocolate chip cookies!  (actually it's just the Nestle package recipe except I substitute 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar and change the butter to 1 stick butter, and 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening)  But!  I still have that pesky dietitian voice in my head that has really been talking loudly lately.  Now that Hope eats pretty much whatever we eat, I just want it to be slightly better for us!  And, it's almost fall.  For some reason fall makes me feel earthy and organic.  All this to say, I'm searching for a good oatmeal chocolate chip recipe.  Oatmeal make me feel less guilty about cookies!  I make some pretty good oatmeal raisin cookies, too- but only Woody likes that type of cookie so I rarely make them.  I started today by using that recipe and adding chocolate chips rather than raisins.
As always, we start by reading the recipe!






Hope helps me get it all measured now.  I used to measure before I invited her in, but it's a good way to practice counting! (poor baby, already all legs!  She's going to be so lanky!)





Special Dark chips.  That's the secret ingredient.  Dark chocolate is slightly more healthy, you know!  I'm so glad Hope likes dark chocolate.  It's okay if you don't, but she's my baby and I want to enjoy the finer things of life with her.



The final product!  They were yummy right out of the oven.  They were pretty good the next day, but even in my "Lock and Lock" from QVC, they got all stale and dried out very quickly.  Maybe the raisins in the original recipe keep them moist longer.  We'll try another recipe some day soon.  Until then, stay tuned for the rest of PJ day!

No comments: