In case you have never...or have forgotten what it is like to have...lived with a 2 year old little girl, this post is for you. I think boys are probably much different. They probably eat bugs and laugh at their dads passing gas. But girls are SENSITIVE! And Hope is queen of sensitive. I prefer "tender hearted" actually. Let me tell you the story of the sucker. It's a frequent story line at our house.
 |
| First, you need to know, this is sucker #2. Sucker #1 was given to her by Dad, but she didn't finish it before nap so we wrapped it up. After nap, it was all wrinkly from the dried spit. (yuk, I know). Hope threw herself in the floor and wouldn't eat it. She begged for another sucker and since this was day 6 of my working 6 days in 2 weeks, I caved. |
 |
| Somewhere in the midst of the sucker meltdown, she decided she would fake a boo boo to get one of her new Dora band aids. That worked on the tired, guilt ridden Momma also. |
 |
| With a fresh "boo boo boo-daid" and new sucker, all is well with the world again. |
 |
| until..."My sucker is twisted!" (translation: The sucker is now slightly off center from the stick.) |
 |
| "I can't eat THIS!" That is literally what she says. |
 |
| Total heart break. What kind of mom takes these pictures anyway? I'm embarrassed to say, these things actually crack me completely up. She's crying, I'm also crying from laughing so hard. I used to try to contain the laughter, now I just laugh. She doesn't seem to notice. Even posting these pictures...I'm laughing. |
 |
| I fixed the sucker. It is now acceptable, but she's still a little shook up over the whole thing. Here's the trouble: That stick: It's getting wetter by the lick and will soon completely loose form. The sucker will then be thrown across the room and immediately confiscated by Mom. More heart break. Let's go read a book. That will make it all better. Lesson: Buy Dum Dum suckers. The sucker is small and the stick is strong enough to withstand the moisture and stay straight for the lifetime of the sucker. |
1 comment:
That is funny! We've had these moments with Luke, but with sandwiches falling apart. Cheeseburgers falling apart when we're out to eat can still be traumatic, or should I say, dramatic! My favorite part is that you are laughing and taking pictures during this! Better to be laughing than getting angry too! Hope is going to get some good giggles looking back at pictures like this someday!
Post a Comment