Saturday, January 26, 2013

RSV... Respect It!

This is day 8 of keeping the kids quarantined from other children.  They have had the dreaded RSV.  Literature says that all kids get it by the time they are 2.  Really?  I don't remember Hope getting anything like this before.  Here is my public health notice to the world:  RSV is contagious even after the fever has broken.  I realize day care facilities disagree with this, but our pediatrician told us they are contagious at least a week.  The fever broke after 4 days. However, judging by the body fluids being sprayed, dripped, and coughed out of my children's faces still now 8 days later, I'm agreeing with him. 
I know it is a bummer to have to stay home that long, but for the sake of healthy children everywhere, let's stay home.  Save other mothers from the worry and sleepless nights!
It has been so cold lately we would have been home a lot anyway most likely.

I have had to employ ever ounce of Mommy creativity that I have...which is minimal. So, as usual I had to consult the "kids" board on my Pinterest page.  Here we have our tent with bedsheets over the dining room table.  Tents are great fun.

And crafts.  Here Hope is doing the white crayon drawing that she'll water color over later.

I think you must have to either have really watery water color or maybe press harder with your white crayon.  I remember this from Mr Rodgers Neighborhood when I was a kid and it looked much more distinct.

So...just water color whatever you want.  That's fun too.

Even Will (who has had the roughest time) was up for some crafts.  We taught him to color.  He loves it.  He calls it "mark"  I think he is wondering when I'm going to let him loose with the Sharpie markers.  It'll be a while kid!

Okay so this is fun.  You dye Eagle Brand Milk with food coloring and then paint with paint brushes on finger paint paper.  So it is all edible in case the small kids decide to eat the paint.  This is Will's first try at any form of painting.  He did well!  We are in the bathroom because it did deteriorate into body painting as quickly as you might have imagined that it would have.  So, the bathtub is ready and waiting.  It's not all just crafts we do.  Believe it or not I have allowed some TV as well.  I do not like the TV. Nope.  But, we have been watching it some.  And those kids learn quickly what it is all about.  After just a few days, Will now brings me the remote and expects me to get "Cook" for him. (Cookie Monster on Sesame Street).  We also took a day and went to Jingo and today we are going to make masking tape bulls eye things to try to roll our match box cars in.  Oh, and then there's the Leapster which it has taken every ounce of self control in me not to want to head to Walmart and buy every single game for it that they sell.  Pray for our speedy recovery.  Things are getting crazy around here.  Until then, I promise to keep my kid away from yours until they are well.  Please world, return the favor!

No comments: