Woody has been working some in the evenings lately. This leaves mom with around 14 hours to entertain the kids.... alone. Whew. Well, Hope's best time is evenings/nights as has been well documented on here in the past. Knowing that, I drag out school well into the evenings some. But, I save the fun stuff for night time. Despite the 60+ degree weather, we decided to do some snow activities.
 |
| Inspiration again from children's books. |
 |
| I saw this activity on one of my favorite websites: teachpreschool.com. We are about to make us a shaving cream snowman. First, paint a background. |
 |
| Next, mix yourself some "snow." This is shaving cream with a bit of Elmer's glue. |
 |
| Now, make the snowman body. |
 |
| The gist of the book is that you take "treasures" from around your house to make a non traditional snow family. So, I provided a few treasures and very little direction to see what Hope would come up with. |
 |
| Ta Da! This may not be a masterpiece but it was fun for at least 45 minutes- which is masterful to a mother. Feeling brave? Break out the shaving cream and have some fun! |
 |
| You may wonder how I kept Will from trying to eat it all. Will was in the other end of the house doing what he does best: "Reading." Actually, he only did this for around 20 minutes or so. The rest of the time he was carried by mom and became my helper on the treasure hunt for snow people supplies. |
 |
| Will is happiest when surrounded by his books. Every evening I re shelve the books. Every morning, Will empties the books and plays in them throughout the day. It's fun. He thinks so at least. |
No comments:
Post a Comment