Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fun with Family

A place we do not go nearly enough is Northern Kentucky.  We always have a great time when we go.  This time we met up there with John's family.  Hope had a great time with G.G. who spoils her just as well as she spoiled all of us when we were growing up. 
Starting with bath times which are obviously for blowing bubbles and not for bathing.  There were also tons of "treats" around.  Hope asked me if G. G.'s house is "overflowing with treats?"  Yes Hope, G.G.'s house is always overflowing with treats.

This is one of Luke's books: Dirty Larry.  Think Pappy was the inspiration for picking this one?

Hadley isn't much for being read to, but she will be glad to read to you.  She still talks in 2 year old gibberish which Hope is not familiar with translating.  She looked at me and exclaimed "Hadley can read in Spanish!"

I have to admit, I was nervous about how ol' Will would do.  I shouldn't have worried.  He did wonderfully.  Didn't miss a beat and even stayed on somewhat of a routine while we were there. (Considering how hard I worked to establish that routine, this was a welcome surprise!)

The adults engaged in a friendly game of Monopoly (played with short version rules, but still taking most of the afternoon).  Do you see that board?  Yes, those are hotels on Boardwalk and Park Place.  I've never seen that happen in a game before.  That ends the game pretty quickly.  I bowed out gracefully when I landed on Boardwalk and couldn't pay John the greedy landlord his $1400 rent, but Woody went down fighting...mortgaging everything he owed but still eventully suffered the same fate as I.  John...we want a rematch!

The kiddos tried learning Chinese Checkers.  We are brave to let them play with marbles. Marbles are usually not allowed at my house (choking hazard).  Kids always like those forbidden toys the best, don't they?  G.G...we've got one of your white marbles that stowed away in our toy bag.  And that was the trip... short, but good!

No comments: