Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Taste the rainbow
Well, Hope has tried her first green vegetable: asparagus. She was not a fan. This is her literally spitting it back in my face. It's so hard not to laugh...but you just can't!!
And we spent the weekend in Jingo! It was great. Woody and I got to golf, we had a bonfire: Larry Sansom style (I'll explain later), Hope played with the dogs, Woody swam, Daisy swam...and ate trash. Good times. Here's Hope and I protecting ourselves from the bugs. Don't you just love the mosquito netting? I'll have to start bringing it to the ballpark too.
And the bonfire: Woody says Big Pappy looked like Lucifer with his pitchfork (okay it was a shovel, but from a distance...). Jingo bonfires frustrate the camp counselor in me. I want to build my tee pee in a little dug out fire pit and roast marshmallows, etc. Maybe even cook a pot meal over it and keep building it up as we eat until it's big enough to keep warm by and gaze at while you sit and enjoy the stars. Not the way it works at the farm. You cut down trees from whatever storm- in this case the ice storm, add other random debris then pour gasoline and diesel fuel all over it. Next, throw a match or two and run for your lives. I'm not kidding we brought a little grill out to do the actual cooking. But, it's all part of the fun!
My project for the last few weeks has been to de-clutter. I'm even reading a book: Clutter's last stand. We have a virtual flea market in our "office". This is a picture of Hope in Woody's "Woody" hat from Toy Story. Don't worry all you Toy Story loving kids: the hat got to stay...just getting moved to the attic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am amazed that there is not a photo of Woody with the hat on! How did you not capture a shot of that, because I know he had it on at some point during that process...
Tell little Miss Hope that I still make the same face with asparagus. Maybe she'll like it after a few more tries.
I love your stories, Leigh Ann!! I, too, have a mosquito net like that for the stroller. Those pesky bugs were very bad at times in FL. And the bonfire....wow!!! That's umm....wow!! :) It looks and sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!!
Post a Comment