Can you believe the kids have gone back to school? One of the most difficult decisions we have had to make yet is what to do about school. Preschool? No? Which one? Home school? Public school? Who knows! Right now, we are on the road toward Classical Conversations which starts soon. I'm busy as a bee preparing for it. (side note: There are zillions of blogs out there documenting CC kids' journeys and I promise to spare you the details of our school every post). Luckily, to Hope, it's still summer as Classical Conversations will not start until after Labor Day. For now, summer lingers and so do the long summer nights. This photo is one of my favorites because it was taken on a rare moment when the two of them were sitting next to each other for long enough to snap a photo. It's way past their bedtime and they are making a total mess with some ice cream on the back porch.
Speaking of the back porch: Ready for a pinterest project? I saw someone paint their outside metal table all sorts of colors. Ours was getting to be a little beyond unsightly and Woody thought we should do without it. Right when something is about to be gotten rid of is the perfect time to try something you are a little unsure of. Ta Da! With Hope's help, we did it! I like it. It cheers the place up and matches my flour pots that I painted in these colors last year. Another random fact: I'm not crafty at all and so I don't know these things without trial and error- Spray paint is my new best friend. I painted the flour pots with acrylic paint but I had to do zillions of coats of paint. After painting this table with spray paint, I used the leftover spray paint to do a couple more flour pots just for fun. That is so the way to go! 2 coats and you are done! Plus, each coat takes only a minute or so. Some other time, I'll have to share my new kitchen mat. It's my best pinterest project yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment