Tuesday, August 27, 2013

And so It begins

Ta Da! You knew this day would come didn't you?  Our first t-ball game.  Hope plays for the Phillies.  Woody is the head coach.  I have to say that I believe she does like t-ball much better than soccer.  Then again, she is almost a full year older as well.  Soon, against my better judgment, she will start dance classes.  Since we are so heavily looking in to the home school route, we are hotly pursuing ways to be involved in structured activities with lots of different children.  If only you could have seen her little eyes light up when those tap shoes went on her feet in the store the other day!
What a cutie pie! 

I recently went on my first excursion by myself without my children.  Woody was left by himself to care for my 2 offspring...by himself.  I was a ball of nerves.  I pictured them hiking in some far off desolate place eating Lucky Charms for dinner and staying up until midnight watching movies.  I wasn't far off.  He took them to the Rochester Ferry and then the Beaver Dam drive in where they watched Smurfs (an unapproved by mom movie) and ate corn dogs and nacho cheese for dinner.  But, they were alive and well when I got back home the next day (many thanks to Papaw!).

Actually, I think it's fun that Dad takes them on adventures.  I want adventurous, out-doorsie kids and I know these will be great memories for them.  I just prefer to be around to spray on bug spray and feed them a tad bit more healthful choices.  Stay tuned for more adventures!

No comments: