Don't ever let my kids tell you that they live a boring or in any way underprivileged life! We have a great time at the Maglinger house. Summers are the best time, aren't they? Bedtime- what's that? Ice cream almost every night, ballgames, movies, shows, and Holiday World... Woody and I refuse to grow up and our kids are the beneficiaries of our rebellion.
 |
| Will went to his first movie theatre movie recently. We saw Planes. It is so super cute. Will loves Cars. So, we thought that while Hope was at a sleep over at her cousin's house, Woody and I would take advantage of a rare 2 parents and 1 child opportunity and head to the movie with Will. When you have 2 parents and 1 child, you feel like you can do anything! Good thing we had the 2 of us! I bought Will a Kit Kat because I didn't think popcorn would be his thing. I was wrong. I also forgot to get him a drink so his choices were diet Coke or Dr. Pepper. I am against all sodas for my kids but I figured real sugar (okay...high fructose corn syrup) and caffeine are better for him than sugar substitute and caffeine. If his teeth rot and his growth is stunted you can blame it all on this fateful night. |
 |
| Papaw is always treating the kids to a show or movie, etc. This night was extra special. Just the girls (poor Christian) and Papaw went to the River Park to see The Music Man. They also went to dinner (O'Charley's I believe) and got Orange Leaf yogurt afterward. As I pried my eyelids open around 11:30 still waiting up for Hope to return home from her date, I told Woody she might be the youngest girl with a curfew in the coming days! |
 |
| And Holiday World some more! We have big news! Hope is 42" (with shoes and curly hair) and Will is 36" with his shoes! This opens up a world of opportunity for them both at Holiday World! Hope is our fearless dare devil riding even the Sparkler (look it up!). Will is still blindly trusting of his parents. That blind trust landed him on the log ride and the Turkey Whirler! We'll see if he goes wherever we lead next trip. After the log ride: "I'm done Mom, I'm done."(but no tears!) |
 |
| Somewhere I believe there exists a picture of John and me on this ride. The rockets: Will goes around a makes shooting noises while pretending to shoot the other kids. Boys. |
No comments:
Post a Comment