Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Daily Routine: Play time

An important part of a child's day is play.  I have one child to whom this comes naturally and one to whom it just does not.  Hope loves to do "projects" and she loves to play anything really that requires the total attention of whatever adult may be watching her.  This is not her fault.  She is the firstborn.  I made her that way.  Still, I'm trying to fix it.  If you get her busy and on a roll, she will be good for hours.  Will... he just plays and plays right from the get go.  However, if there is a "project" going on, he wants to be all up in it.
We've had a little munchkin who has been spending some time with us lately.  This is reflected in Will's playtime recently. 

Already well documented is that Hope's pass time of choice is art.

Once she does get on a little roll of her own playing, I do love to see what she does.  Here she spent the afternoon decorating "rocks" for a "path" down the hallway.  Not your traditional Barbies or Lego's, but I'll take it if it means I can get something done.  Come on summer!  Playing outside comes naturally to every child... even firstborns!

No comments: