Thursday, October 18, 2012

Happiness

Welcome again to our happy place.

Happiness is flying a kite on a blustery fall day with your Grammy.

Happiness is watching your child run and run up and down hills squealing in delight over every inch her kite leaves the ground.

Happiness is not in success when you are 3.

No, when you are 3, happiness is finally getting your own chance with the CONTROLS!

Happiness is in the small victories in life.

Happiness is this beautiful day.
Happiness is NOT a big ol boo boo on your head.

Happiness is explaining to your mom: "You should have seen the other guy when I got done with him!"

Happiness is pulling up grass and trying to sneak a taste while your mom snaps photos of your sister.

Happiness is just a boy being outside.
Happiness is taking a break to blow a dandelion.

Happiness is sibling snuggles.

Happiness is watching sibling snuggles.

Happiness is a day wearing old clothes and no make up but playing with your kiddos. Happiness is also being prescribed an oral steroid to give you the energy that you can only faintly remember ever having had before.

Happiness would be if my mom would just put me down so I could walk!
Happiness is heading out to feed the dinner scraps to your horse, Darlin.'

"Who is the chick with the camera, and what does she want with me?"

"Yes, I see your handful of pear peelings, but she is still aiming that darn thing at me."

Happiness is when the little munchkin grows impatient and throws her scraps in my fence so I can sniff the stuff in private.

Happiness is when the horse finally cooperates and eats from Grammy's hand.
Ahh, what a happy place to spend the day.



1 comment:

ChristyS said...

Beautiful!! I'm jealous and want to be there too!!