Saturday, October 13, 2012

All Work, No Play?

Lest you think all we do around our house is just school work, I have made some pictures of us just having fun.  We had a little virus hit the house a week or so ago.  It made us stay in for 7-10 days.  The kids only felt badly for a few days but were contagious for 7-10.  It was a bummer to have sick kiddos but the silver lining was having to stay at home.  We did go to Grammy and Pappy's one time and we took lots of walks to get out of the house.  Mostly we played in our backyard or the playroom.  We missed lots of things on our busy schedule. Then, fall break happened and more of our normal activities were cancelled for the next week resulting in an even longer break from the norm.  It was wonderful.  I highly recommend hiding out in your home every now and again.
I went to Hobby Lobby and got lots of crafts to keep us busy.  Look at Woody's sidewalk chalk artistry!  All I can usually draw is a rainbow!  Why does God give all the talent to just a few?

Good thing Will loves his swing because he is a handful!  I thought all the paint we brought outside would be a huge problem.  He bypasses the paint and goes straight for the dirt and mulch.  Not to play with, but to eat.  Boys will be boys.

Pretty Hope.

Good Lookin' Will.  He is 11 months old now:  Here's his update: Walking everywhere.  Still eating anything you put in front of him.  He loves looking through books for a long time by himself in his room.  He reminds me of myself in lots of personality ways.  He is much more high strung than Hope was at this age.  He has no idea he is a baby and not a big boy.  Woody and I saw a shirt at Target that has "Dare Devil" on the front and even had a super hero cape attached to the back.  Will needs that shirt.  (would have gotten it but the cape had a skull and crossbones on it.  Really? For a baby? Come on Target.)  He has cut his first molar and is working on lots more.  Teething is rough for Will.  The next big milestone IS going to be learning to use a sippy cup, like it or not.  So far, it's not.  Oh, and he has found that the toilet has water in it.  We never so much as put a lock on a china cabinet door with Hope.  Boy are we baby proofing now!

More pretty Hope.  Pretty, artistic, creative, helpful Hope.  (Who has lately developed a special affinity for spankings.)
Here's me with a hula hoop.  See, I sometimes have fun, too.  I guess I do have one talent.  I could hula hoop all day.  These were at an event we tagged along to for Woody's job one day.  They are weighted and they claim to be the latest and greatest in fitness equipment.  Not so sure about that.

No comments: