I am terribly emotional over this milestone. It has taken me totally by surprise. If it were not for the blog I keep and the sparsely completed baby book, I would have no memories of this past year. It's all a blur to me. It has been challenging in so many ways. The bottom line is, we love our Wilbur. He is a mess! He is ALL boy, fun, flexible, a fast learner, independent and a total blessing to our family.
 |
| I know you are supposed to celebrate birthdays with fancy cupcakes (or is it cake pops now?) and fully developed themes with beautiful wedding worthy photography capturing every detail. I don't. I like simply homemade. But, I do like to celebrate my kid. And so, celebrate we did. We had tops and pinwheels on the tables and invitations as his favorite things are things that spin. (He is sitting right now in the playroom knocking over baby doll strollers so he can spin the wheels.) Our family came over after church for a lunch party. We had such a beautiful day. Had I known what the weather would have been, I would have gotten a picnic and headed us to a park somewhere. |
 |
| I let Hope stay up late the night before to make the cupcakes. |
 |
| Will liked his cake alright, but like a good Maglinger, ice cream was his favorite part. Sorry John, I made his cupcake white with white icing! |
 |
| He had plenty of help opening his gifts. |
 |
| Checking out the spinner caterpillar. I've wised up a bit... After his party I only opened the package of a couple of his toys and I'm going to spread out the introduction of all the new things to make it last. |
 |
Then again, maybe here is the real lesson. After all that opening, he went to get his ball. The free one that Hope had gotten somewhere along the way.
Happy birthday Will. Love, Mom and Dad |
1 comment:
Wow. It's hard to believe it's been a year. Happy birthday, Will!
Post a Comment