Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Still catching up.

I told you there would be a whirlwind blog update.  I'm getting further and further behind!  So, here's some goings on at our house.
I told you Will is an eater now.  He eats rice cereal and barley cereal. He tried oatmeal and liked the taste, but we all paid for it later with gas pains.  Here's a tip: I know folks say give cereal at night so they will sleep better, but don't do that unless you know they will tolerate it well.  Try the new things in the morning hours, okay?  This is Will trying his first food other than cereal: avocado. He makes that face with every new food he tries but learns to like it all quickly.  Avocado is one of his favorites now.

I am a bit...obsessive... over homemade baby food.  I made all of Hope's baby food and that whole guilt thing I struggle with about not being able to do for Will everything I did for Hope...well this thing I can control and I WILL MAKE THE FOOD.  So there.  Plus, there's just something nice about seeing the food, cutting it up and making it natural with no preservatives or additives. 

Looks tasty, eh?  I tinkered with the idea of getting one of those baby food makers, but this is just as easy and since my mom let me borrow her steamer, it is also just as fast.

Okay, off the food:  Hopi is taking swim lessons at the Y!  She has the most fun getting ready for swim lessons and deciding how she's going to wear her hair.  She likes lessons as long as it is a lady who is helping her. No men, please. As in, "I'll sit on the side of the pool and refuse to get in if there is a man trying to touch me."

And spring has sprung.  We have our little planters filled with precious flowers and so begins the journey of daily watering and pruning, etc.  My thumb is anything but green, but this year I have not bit off more than I can chew and I so hope to keep these little pretties alive!

Pinterest has also invaded my garden.  These are little herb planters that we painted the names of the herbs on.  Turned out very cute.  Well, that's it for now.  There's more to share, but this is enough for now.  Talk to ya later!

No comments: