It was 88 degrees here today. Whew! That's gettin' kinda hot. Last weekend was hot too, and that's actually when we went on this little escapade. Ice skating. Now that's a fun random Saturday activity for the family! Owensboro's newish ice rink is actually pretty nice and when you have a free pass, it's also pretty cheap!
 |
| I was worried they wouldn't have skates small enough for Hope. Ahh, but they do. I've said before how I love all things miniature. Miniature ice skates are just too much! |
 |
| See her matching fleece and hat and mittens? It was too warm all winter to wear them so I was very glad to have a place to prance them around on my little lady! Hope was full of confidence as she stepped out on the ice. Where were these crates when I was a kid? If you haven't been skating in a while and don't feel confident, don't be ashamed. I saw lots of adults using them too. They just stack them 4 high instead of 2 like Hope has. |
 |
| The confidence quickly left and I was afraid we were not going to be at our little ice adventure very long. |
 |
| But then an idea went skating by and we decided to try it! Wee! Faster Faster, Dad! In case you weren't sure if Woody was a good dad or not, please know he was crouched in this position for 2 hours pushing Hope. |
 |
| We like the ice again! |
 |
| Finally she is ready to venture out again! |
 |
| There were a few accidents and bumps to the bottom, but she finally got the hang of it. I'm so proud! Woody said he didn't have to make her try, she just decided on her own that it was time to try. |
 |
| While this tired back could sure use a break after all that pushing, there is no sitting on the crates! The little skater rink police were quick to tell Woody to get off his crates. Come on Parks and Rec, it's a plastic milk crate! |
 |
| Woo Hoo! Look out Michele Quan! |
No comments:
Post a Comment