Oops! Hope would tell me that I am not supposed to say "crazy." Actually I am trying to teach her not to say "stupid" but she has latched on to that word instead.
Anyway... I am sure you have seen these either on Pinterest or somewhere else on the Internet... or perhaps you have done it yourself as a kid. I wanted to do this a while ago while I was pregnant but I was afraid it would make my house smell like wax and I was not for that at all! But... I was up for it this week so Hope and I gave it a try!
 |
| I will say it was way fun and too easy. We spent hours peeling paper off of old crayons. I really thought that I would be doing it mostly all myself, but Hope really stuck with it. Way to go girlie! |
 |
| So here's what you do: Break em up, put 'em in a muffin tin, bake 'em at 250 for 10 minutes and then let 'em cool. I have this muffin tin that I only use for crafts like painting and baking crayons, etc. I wouldn't use one you actually cook with. The crayons come out remarkably well once they are cool, but still... On that note of getting them out...the directions I used didn't call for spraying the pan, etc so I didn't but I was nervous. I let them cool in the fridge while we took naps and when we got up, they fell right out. The next batch we made I let cool while we ate supper. After supper, they did not pop right out so I put them back in the fridge for a little while longer and then they did pop right out. So there ya go... if they don't pop right out, they are not cool enough. |
 |
| Hope has had fun with them. Anything new is always fun. We mostly see people making the rainbow kind of crayons and we did that too, but I like the solid color ones. We used lots of shades of blue or purple, etc and made solid colors. They are fun to use on coloring books. Makes an interesting blue sky or grass with texture, etc. (Do I sound like an artist or what?!) Now if I could just find something cute to store these in... They are strewn across the playroom floor as I'm typing this. |
No comments:
Post a Comment