Sunday, February 26, 2012

Preserving Memories

Little babies are so sweet...cuddly, cute as buttons, constantly learning new things.  I write in Will's baby book every month.  3 year old preciousness is a little harder to capture.  The funny things that she says, the sweet hugs, etc.  She is also constantly learning and processing.  It's the processing that is so wonderful to watch.  This is a little attempt from a mom to preserve some of Hope's learning and sweetness.
Here is a late night geography lesson with Dad.  He drew KY.  She made the dots and labels.  There is a green O for Owensboro, a blue dot for Lexington, an N for Northern Kentucky and some green mountains in Eastern Kentucky. 

Today we are home sick from church.  Hope loves Sunday School and really missed being able to go.  I happened to have a little story and activity sheet that the nursery was handing out so we made our own Sunday School.  We made the craft suggestion at the end which was a prayer journal.  I plan to save it, but just in case I wanted a picture of each page.

Each page has something she'd like to pray for that she has drawn.  First, is Hope.  She's like to pray for herself.

Next is Mom.  That line is the snot coming out of my nose. (well, I have had a cold lately...)

Here's dad.  The blob beside him is a dinosaur, but her prayer was that he would drive safely.  I suggested she draw a car, but she felt the dinosaur was more appropriate. ok...

And Will.  Not sure what the other purple blob is.

Finally was Luke.  By this time she caught on that I was writing the name of who she was drawing and she thought she'd just cut to the chase and spell the name rather than draw him.  Her prayer for him was that he would be safe on the school bus. I don't think he rides the school bus, but if he ever does, he'll be safe now.

No comments: