We loaded up and headed to Louisville this past weekend for a quick trip to see our friends, the Dunns. It was sweet times and beautiful weather. Still, it was bitter because the official reason for our visit was to watch UK beat UConn to earn a trip to the NCAA championship game.
| Oblivious to any of the hoopla surrounding the games, Hope was just excited to be seeing her buddies Wes and Julie. She was ready to go the minute we woke up on Saturday morning. |
| Along the way, we took a little stop at Marengo Cave. It was Hope's first trip down into a cave. She did great. I really think she learned a lot. |
I didn't have my camera as we sat on Southern's campus quad watching young families fly kites, golden retrievers retrieve Frisbees or very amateur softball players take batting practice. I didn't have my camera when Hope and Wesley sat in the grass talking about stories of when Julie was a little girl. I didn't have my camera when our old friends from Adult I gathered in the apartment to watch the UK game. And the worst sin of all...I didn't have my camera as Hope covered her pretty little face in purple Raspberry Chip ice cream form Graeters!! But I did grab my camera as Hope trekked for the 20th time through the "woods" in Wes and Julie's backyard. These aren't exciting pictures...they are mostly grandparent "ahh, how sweet pictures." But here ya go:





No comments:
Post a Comment