Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Where are we?

Remember last spring I had a park tour theme to my blog?  This spring I have a new game for us to play: Where in the GRADD region are the Maglingers?  I'll tell you next post.  See if you can figure it out.
Here are your photo hints....

It's a place where Woody is teaching Hope that 2 rivers come together..."a confluence." Only Woody would use that word with a 2 year old.  On one side is one county, on the other side of the point/confluence is another county.

This is just a picture I like of them...

This is another one...

and one more....

This is Woody.  I call it his "author look."  You may not know this, but Woody has written a thesis that he is turning into a book.  The subject was lynchings.  Yep, lynchings.  He seems like such a nice normal funny guy, but really he has morbid curiosities if you ask me.  He was in the thick of writing his thesis when he first asked me for a date.  Is it any wonder why he had to ask 3 times?  Lynching?  Anyway... Today marks the 100th anniversary of one of those lynchings which occurred in the town of our undisclosed location.  To read more, check the website www.kentuckyhistory.net.  Don't worry, if you check it out, I won't tell anyone that you too have morbid curiosities.  Or you might just really like local history which is what Woody claims of himself.