It is a well known fact that I hate driving. I detest driving on the interstate. But, we had plans to visit with John's family at G.G's house in Northern Kentucky and Woody needed to be in Owensboro last week, so I took lots of deep breaths and may or may not have closed my eyes to pass a few trucks, but I drove us to Florence.
 |
| The girls before we leave. You can see how excited I am about the 4 hours of interstate driving that are ahead of me. |
 |
| We waved good bye to Daddy and loaded up. |
 |
| Long story, but John's family had come in unexpectedly to Owensboro earlier in the week for a funeral on Christy's side of the family, but he was unable to come and had to meet them in Northern Kentucky. His family was glad to see him. |
 |
| Hope likes to hear stories of when I was a little girl. When we talk about G.G's house there is always food involved. Whether it be the cheese puffs my Papaw always had for me or the smell of eggs with hotdogs in them (you read that right) for John along side the aromas of coffee brewing for Grandma- there is always lots of food at G.G's. Every flat surface in her home will have candy bowls or nuts covering them. This is just the spread of fruit for one morning's breakfast. |
 |
| Grammy and Pappy came up a day later. Pappy is reading Hope the Three Bears. It's a favorite of Hope's. |
 |
| Grammy's entertainment is less conventional. Here, she's playing bull fighting with the kiddos. Yep, bull fighting. |
 |
| Later, there was a dance party. This is just a continuation of the Wii dance party Luke had been throwing for the rest of us earlier in the week at Grammy's. |
 |
| Hadley grows sweeter each day! She is loving on Hope's favorite baby. If it hadn't been Hope's favorite, I would have sent it home with Hadley. Attention Grammy: Hadley needs this baby. |
 |
| Hope was literally flippin' to see her cousins! |
 |
| Winter can be tough to entertain three children who are high on G.G.'s candy stash, but we did pretty well getting them out. We went to the mall and to the creation museam. We also went to Grammy and Pappy's hotel room to swim one night. Hope and Luke had fun, but for me, it was great to be away from the snow for a little bit and pretend it was summer. When my child's lips started to turn blue I had to stop remembering and go put her in a hot bath. Then, as our winter has gone, a forcast of snow caused us all to cut the trip a little short and head home. |
1 comment:
These pictures are absolutely beautiful, Leigh Ann. I'm so glad your drive went well and you were able to spend time with family!
Post a Comment