Monday, August 9, 2010

Tent City

So, the heat is unbearable.  We can't get outside when it's this hot.  The only thing that makes it better than winter time when we're also stuck inside is the occasional afternoon storm that cools us off or an evening trip to the pool.  I'm having to find more things to do inside.  After what seemed like weeks of late nights at the softball field for our tournaments we needed a day to just rest at home and the heat made us stay inside. I decided to get out her tent.  It took me a while to figure out how to assemble it but it was so worth the effort.  The tent was a huge hit!  I'm going to try to save it for special occasions or times we are really bored since it takes up half of our living room, but it is so fun!
Our tent is a shark, but Hope calls it the big fish.  We had a fish theme...working fish puzzles, etc inside of it.  I decided it was a little early to teach the Jonah in the big fish Bible story, but next time....
We spent ALL DAY in here.  She cried when we had to leave it to go do things like potty and take naps.  Picnics in our tent were cozy.  We also got a flash light and read stories.  Camping seems like it would be great fun with Hope, but that whole sleeping thing....it might be a challenge.  I'm sure Woody would love to try it with her.

No comments: