Friday, August 6, 2010

Cereal-ously

I have a problem.  I can't stop.  I buy too much cereal.  Way too much.  It started so innocently- when I stopped working part time, I started couponing and shopping sales.  My brother coined the term "defensive income."  I like that.  I make money by saving it.  At the bottom of your receipt, the stores tell you your total savings.  I divide that by approximately how much time it took me to make the deal (clip coupon, read ad, shop) and get my "salary."  It's very addictive. I also have too much toilet paper, paper towels, deodorant and tooth paste.  But the cereal is most out of hand.  There are 22 boxes here.  What you must know is that Kroger has just put their Quaker and Fiber One Bars on sale 50% off.  See those oatmeal boxes with the "$4 worth of Coupons inside" on top?  If I cut those open I can pair it with the deal at Kroger and save big!  I need help. Seriously.

1 comment:

ChristyS said...

I'm most impressed that you have chocolate cheerios:-) You are doing much more than me. I'm not organized enough to continuously coupon.