OH MY Gosh it was HOT!! But nothing like the week we're having now. Hope was, as always, a trooper. The line was long to ride the balloons, but she was feeling goofy this day, so we had fun waiting.

As we got near our turn, we tried to prepare her for the noise and what was going to happen. She was feeling very confident! "No problem! I can do this with my eyes closed!"
I was a bit surprised that she was so confident about this. Another love is Curious George. And George one time rides a hot air balloon, but he gets lost somewhere over the black hills of South Dakota. All turns out well of course, but still...

But, when we actually went up, that confidence, turned to fear. Quiet fear, determined to get through it fear, but...well this look sums it up well.

When we went to see inside the helicopter on our way to the car, she was still a little skittish. Did she think we were going to put her inside that, too? When we left, she kept saying "balloon, thank you! airshow, thank you!" Does it get any sweeter than that?! Tell me!
To cool off awhile, we went to a park and had a picnic supper (that didn't really do the trick, so we also headed to McDonalds. The nicest McDonalds I'd seen in my life!). I know it's summer now so my SPRING park tour is officially over, but these pictures were taken before June 21, so I'm sneaking them in. Welcome to Paradise Park:
With a name like Paradise, you expect big things. Don't. What is this? A jail? A cage for large animals? Why is it here? Where are the swings? This park seriously has no swings.
But, Hope liked the slide. It's a park. That's about all we'll say about it. Oh, except we CAN give it big points for shade. Lots of shade.
And what is this? Don't say "a house!" I can see that! But there were several of these little cottage style houses on the park. No one is living in them, but they are kept up well... Who knows. By the way, do you know the joke that all daughters end up marrying someone exactly like their dads? Well, I'm not sure I did that. They're both tall, but other than that and the fact that both of them know exactly where Paradise Kentucky and all other small black dots on the map of Western Kentucky are, they aren't that much alike. Still, stick with either of them very long and you'll find yourself in the middle of nowhere with no idea how to even find the road home and letting your daughter play in a park named Paradise Park while you wait for a hot air balloon ride.

No comments:
Post a Comment