Thursday, April 24, 2014

OCD...Oh No!

Are you getting out and about to enjoy spring?  I hope so.  Even chores seem like play as long as they are outside.  Actually, I even don't mind sitting in the floor folding laundry if all the windows are open and the breeze is flowing through my living room! 
It is a pretty well known fact that Woody has some OCD tendencies.  This actually makes for a good yard worker. It also comes in handy in his job, I'm sure.  But, it drives me crazy at times.  We teach the 4 year old Sunday School class.  Getting our crafts prepped and cut out: that turns into a chore when they must all be exactly perfectly trimmed and uniform in size.  One of our biggest arguments was over a card I made to send our, then toddler, nephew.  I did not make it fold perfectly.  He lost all perspective and told me what a slough I must be.  "IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS, DUDE!"   You can see how this quickly gets out of hand....

So, now you see why this picture concerns me.  In the middle of his mowing, Will stopped and ran like a man on a mission into the house to get a rag.  I was totally confused until I saw this:  His mower was getting grass on it.  Oh. Dear.  Now it all makes sense...why he lines his cars up in straight lines before he plays, why he comes running saying " Mom! Wook! My sock!" wanting me to cut a stray string off of it.  Woody tells me we can help him overcome this.   Hmm... school should be interesting with him.  Not at all like his big sister who never erases but just writes over her mistake.  Nope, he will be more like his dad who throws the whole paper away if it is no perfect and starts again.  But, I'll tell ya:  We are going to keep him.  Cutie Pie!

No comments: