Sunday, February 23, 2014

Catching Up

There is not rhyme or reason for my post today.  Only that I noticed that Woody had recently downloaded the pictures from his phone.  (I have actually never done that.  There are 400+ pictures on there...bet you can't wait for that blog post :))  Actually, I'm so not tech savvy.  My 60 year old parents are more tech savvy than I am.  I need to grow and change with the times, don't I?
My tech savvy dad recently tagged us in a post on facebook alerting us to the fact that Mammoth Cave was giving away free tours during the President's Day holiday weekend. So, after church last Sunday, we got some McDonald's to eat in the car and headed down to the cave.  We had to wait a long time.  Turns out, people like free things and come by literal bus loads for it.  But, after the cold winter, a little sunlight and 50 degree temps seemed like heaven to us.  Hope did very well in the cave.  Our guide even let her turn the lights on as we entered different sections of the cave. (A thrill when you are 5!)  Will, was just as we expected... ready to run.  He kept saying "Get me out of this place" at all the wrong times.  I told him the guide was leading us out (and eventually, that was true....) so then he switched his request to "When can that green man get me out of this place?" 

If you are familiar with Mammoth Cave area, you know the deer are practically tame there.  They approached our van looking for food, I am sure.  Woody offered them a raisin.  I think they had a little something different in mind.

Then, speaking of food: I recently had a birthday!  Woody took a break from the "Annual Dinner Marathon" to take me o dinner.  Hope picked out both of our outfits and accessories. 

Going to dinner is quite an adventure for us still.  Will's shirt says "Master of disaster." Oh boy.  He is "all boy." That's all I'm saying about that.

No comments: