Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cubbies!

Well, last year Hope was a Puggle.  This year she is a Cubbie.  She's actually a bit young for Cubbies but circumstances at church worked in such a way that a Cubbie she will be!  She has a vest where she can earn patches and a book to work through as well as verses to memorize and recite to the "listeners."  Basically, she's a big girl now!
And boy does she ever know it!  She is very aware that the Cubbies meet in the "3 year old room."  The day it started, she couldn't sleep at all during nap time since I'd told her that after naps we were going there.  Now, I just let Wednesday night slip up on her and surprise her. 

See, she's already earned the first patch!  Believe it or not, Hope memorizes those verses with the best of 'em!  I've said it before but I'll say it again...kids are sponges!  When does that stop?  Why are adults so dense?  Why can't I memorize verses?

Last week, they got their vests to take home.  Hope ran around the house saying "I'm official!"  Her teacher is the precious saint Ms. Megan who was also her Bible School teacher.  Some people have just found their calling.  She is one of those people.  Thank you Ms. Megan!

1 comment:

NA said...

I loved reading this post! What a great time of molding Hope is in...thanks to your guidance & Mrs. Megan :)