Thursday, August 25, 2011

A rare day

I know most parents say that the first child is just an experiment.  Still, I give raising Hope my very best try.  Lots of things we have done well, but somethings we have not.  One of my biggest failures is in her playtime.  She will not play by herself.  Nope.  "Mom, do you want to play with me?"  Even when she was a wee little baby, she liked me to play with her.  And babies who sit in one place on their fuzzy blanket trying to get the shape sorter thing down are just cute, so I played with her...a lot.  This is coming back to haunt me.  I promise I am working on it, though.  I still want to play with her, but she needs to play by herself some too!  This is a picture of one precious moment when, instead of laying on the floor of my bedroom waiting for me to get ready to go, she went to her own room and started playing!  I quickly grabbed the camera and took a picture...ruining the whole moment.  I have lots to learn. 
Hope is singing Kindermusik songs into her microphone...all by herself.  More of this please!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I think that the new little one will help you in this aspect. An only child or a child that has siblings that are way older just wants someone to play with...