Even before Woody turned 35, he had very old man tastes. Ever wonder who orders the sorghum molasses flavored frozen sundae at Cracker Barrel? It's your friend Wood. Given a choice between Cheesecake Factory and hospital cafeteria tapioca pudding, Woody goes for the pudding every time. To be honest, the only other person I've ever known to eat tapioca pudding was Rainman. So, I shouldn't have been surprised when he said he wanted carrot cake for his birthday cake. But, it's his day, so carrot cake it was!
 |
| Hope is always excited to do some baking. Once again, we reinforce reading the recipe first! |
 |
| Then, lets get those pans ready. I've told you before and I'll tell ya' again. Parchment paper is where it's at! No greasing and flouring. It's not just for professional bakers. I use it more than any other thing in my paper/foil/plastic roll drawer. My favorite use (other than baking) is to bake your bacon. Yep, bake it. Just line a rimmed pan with parchment paper, spread out all the bacon you can eat and bake it at 400 for around 15 minutes. No frying, no burning, and it's all done at the same time. Try it, you'll thank me. |
 |
| Okay, let's get crackin'! Yep, she cracks eggs now. It is imperative that you have a separate bowl to crack your eggs in. We're good crackers, but that splitting part that comes next is still tricky! Then, we'll mix together the oil, sugar and eggs like we do with all cakes. |
 |
| Measure out your dry ingredients. |
 |
| Stir them and add to the wet ingredients. |
 |
| Now, it's time to dump the carrots, pineapples and pecans. Maybe raisins. I thought carrot cake had raisins? Our recipe didn't call for it. I'm not sad about that. This is where our photo adventure ends. We did finish out with cream cheese frosting, but our cake....it just wasn't picture worthy. Next time, I'll double the frosting recipe. |
No comments:
Post a Comment