Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Where are we now?

Let's continue with our game....where are we now?
There's a little "park" (Woody, is it a park or just a landmark spot?) with a wooden bridge that I believe Woody told me used to go over the train tracks.  It's a good little photo spot...or if you are like these hooligans, a place to do bike tricks.

It's fun and a little scary to run down the steep bridge.

There's also this red train...that makes me think I was right about that train tracks thing earlier.

You can climb up and pretend to drive the train.  It's also another good photo spot if you can ever get your kid to look at the camera, which I could not.

But the real reason I wanted to make the xx minute drive to this spot was for this!  The Dairy Freeze!  If you go, just don't bring your camera and start taking pictures.  The locals look at you like you might be a Yankee.

They serve blue ice cream! (well sort of blue) It comes in other colors/flavors also but I practically forced Hope to get blue because it reminds me of the Holiday World blue ice cream (that I was never allowed to buy as a kid!).  Hope was not nearly as in to the ice cream as she was the cone...the bottom of the cone.

Having no bottom to your cone causes you to need to lick fast to avoid dripping.  Dad had to intervene and give an assist.

Because she just kept going back to the bottom of that cone.

Last note on the ice cream:  Do you ever get to the bottom of a Blizzard only to find just plain old vanilla ice cream.  That will NOT happen at the Dairy Freeze.  This is the bottom of my Oreo Blast (or whatever they call their version of the blizzard.)  Big, huge chunks of Oreo.  Yep, that's the way they do business here in ___________?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ISLAND, KY!!! Do I win something from the Dairy Freeze???

sugarpill said...

OK-John beat me to it, but I agree-Island.

Cindy said...

Of heard about that Dairy Freeze in Island, KY from some pts recently:)