Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bob Ross

I thought everyone knew who Bob Ross was.  My mom had no idea who he was, so apparently I was wrong.  Bob Ross is an icon of the 80's and 90's PBS channel.  He teaches oil painting.  His white man 'fro is his trademark...along with his "happy trees."  I first discovered him during a very long snow break from school when I was a kid and have loved him ever since.  He has a soothing voice and I like to watch him paint in the same way that most people like to sit and watch cooking shows.  I don't own a single oil paint or an easel and I've never painted a single happy tree.  Still, I wanted to share the love with my little artist so Woody ordered me a DVD of Bob's from his Netflix account.  Hope loves the "Painter Man" too.  Only she wanted to paint along.  So, out came the Neat Sheet and water colors.
Let the fun times begin.  That's him, by the way on the TV.

Waiting for further instructions.

Mixing her colors. (I REALLY don't like the water colors to mix, but I bit my lip and let her work.)

Hard at work.

And last...the happy trees. Ahh, the "Joy of Painting!"

No comments: