If you guessed Island, Ky for our last adventure you were correct. I think the locals pronounce it "Ah-land."
Today's adventure is a little harder, I think. I had personally never been here before, though Woody believes he has taken me here before. I say it was another one of his many girlfriends he must have brought.
 |
| No time for good pictures. I'll explain later. This sign may or may not offer you a clue. |
 |
| This view of the Ohio River is your best clue. Along the road there are actually little parking places where you can stop and enjoy the "scenic overlook" much like the ones you see as you drive through the Smokies. I know this isn't exactly Gatlinsburg, but it's one of our area's best views. |
 |
| There's a small restaurant here. We ate a very late lunch. Not exactly a date type of joint, but it's wonderful if you feel like getting away and seeing no one that you know...or seeing no one at all, really. It's the type of place where it's okay that the cook's barefooted granddaughter kept riding her scooter in and out of the kitchen. I can't even remember what I ordered, but I remember Woody's! He got fried chicken fingers. His plate looked like when you order that at Colby's (minus the cheesy garlic bread). For you health nuts who would never order fried chicken at Colby's...I'm talking huge portions of huge chicken fingers fried to perfection...enough to feed a family. Oh, and the reason I couldn't stay to get good picture: See that window to the side? We were standing right by it, probably taking this very picture, when a bird flew full speed into it. Wham! It hit the concrete immediately. We had to leave while Hope still thought the veterinary ambulance was on its way and that the bird would be okay. |
 |
| Another view of the river. Also, this is our revised "smile for the camera face." I'm not sure it's really an improvement. Just a different bad. We'll keep working on it. |
1 comment:
We think we've eaten there before. Our guess is Hawesville. If it is the same place, John was looking for this really nice restaurant called "The Riverview." I think he had it confused with something else. We still ate there though.
Post a Comment