Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Two's aren't so Terrible!

Have you missed seeing me on your google reader?  (haha, I barely even know what a google reader is!)  We've been away on a trip and since I've posted, there have been 3 birthday parties, Halloween, and a fun filled trip to Raleigh.  Whew, I've got tons to catch you up on.  We'll start with a party for Hope.  We were in Raleigh for her birthday, but we wanted to celebrate with our Owensboro family before we left.  This was just our immediate family (and a friend we invited who is like family).  We had it at Papaw Maglinger's house.  Even immediate family doesn't really fit in our house when you consider that means 3 toddlers and a baby who've had cake and ice cream.

We aren't members of the new camp of parents that throws elaborate parties for our toddlers.  There are some AMAZING ones out there, though.  I have so much fun reading party websites.  Still, we're the simple, homemade types.  I just pick some wrapping paper, make that the gift wrap and the "table cloth."  Then, I choose balloons, plastic plates, forks, etc that match that paper, and voila- you have a party.  Hope liked it and felt so special.

Papaw let her sit at the head of the table.  She's so cute at the head of his long table!

Oh boy did we have an excited little girl.  At one point she ran into the kitchen and just started squealing at the top of her lungs.  Not used to her making loud noises...she's actually pretty quiet.  Is this was the "2's" have in store?

Hope had practiced blowing out her candles, but not opening gifts.  Her little guests had already had practice so they wanted to move it along a bit and helped her out.

Hope's favorite for the camera face.

She got lots of wonderful gifts. 

Get with it girl!  Let us show you how this is done!

You'll see lots more of this doll, I'm sure.  Hope is loving playing Mom to her baby doll!

And, the rainbow chip cupcakes!  mmmm!  I should have let her help me make them since she loves baking, but I just felt there was something wrong with making your own cake!

Hadley...her mom didn't dress her like Rambo and send her to the party...she finds these head bands herself.  She's a fellow Puggle and she does the same thing there. Too cute.

Overall, it was a very fun party.  Unbelievably chaotic but fun.  Happy Birthday sweet Hope!

1 comment:

Tara Dembowczyk said...

Oh, my....it's hard to believe she's already two! Looks like you guys had a great day. Happy birthday, Hope!!!