Saturday, December 12, 2009
Well, it's almost winter....
I typically hate winter. I do not like being cold. I don't like the sun going down at 5pm, I don't like turning 1 year older in January, I don't like wearing coats and gloves, etc and I really miss the fresh fruits and vegetables. This year though, I'm determined to make the most of it. We're going to celebrate Christmas rather than just making it through the hectic month. We're going to get cuddly and snuggle with Hope. And we're going to enjoy cold weather things like hot chocolate and hopefully playing in the snow. One of the bright spots of winter is that we'll get to see more of this:
And this:
It's been a while since the last update on Hope's changing diet. She's doing well and making progress toward independent eating. She's totally on table food and a sippy cup. Meal times are messy since she is feeding herself as well. She's still sooo slow and deliberate about it. A meal takes around 30-45 minutes. Near the 30 minute mark, I usually get frustrated and start feeding her myself. Here, it looks like we're having carrots and baked beans.
Hope and I have also started attending MOPS at Macedonia Baptist Church. I'm a MOP (Mother of Pre-schooler) and Hope is a Moppet. The Moppets apparently made a craft. The ladies who keep Hope in the nursery told me "her craft is in her bag" when I picked her up last Wednesday. "Her CRAFT?!" I thought. I can't get a straight answer from Hope as to how much she really helped with this precious little pine cone tree, but based upon how much she loves it I'm guessing she at least did something. So here it is, my little Maglinger living up to her heritage as one of Owensboro's craftiest women:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment