Monday, November 9, 2009

Are We Crazy?!

Well, we drove to North Carolina! I overcame my fear of traveling with Hope. I should never have worried: She travels wonderfully. A big thanks to Dad who I think must still have his days and nights mixed up from when he was an infant and can drive all through the night and sleep during the day. To all the skeptical mothers out there: It can be done- 12 hours in a car with no portable DVD player and the car seat still rear facing! The rear facing thing may be a little over the top, but I'm a safety freak, and yes, I think she did get a little motion sickness. We traveled to see John and his family. Our trip was great. Another big thanks to my 37 weeks pregnant sister in law who still cooked most all of our meals at home. Restaurants with a 1 year old get old pretty quickly. Woody attended seminary classes with John. Hope, well Hope just watched her cousin Luke all day. She is amazed by him and I think he really encouraged her to step out on those little legs and walk more. And Leigh Ann: I shopped! I went to the Share Shop and the Bread Shop. I went to the nicest grocery store I'd ever seen for Triple Coupon Day where I got $45 of groceries for $18 and could have done better if I'd not had to pass up the great deals on refrigerated items. I went to a mall and a "life style center." It's a very good thing that in my off time I was preparing my Sunday School lesson on being responsible with our money. However, I will declare Raleigh the best shopping area I've ever visited. A close second is Birmingham Alabama, but Raleigh takes the cake on this one.

Here's Hope and her cousin Luke on a nature trail that John took us on. She's lovin' every minute of sitting with him. I don't think the feelings were exactly mutual, but near the end of our time there I noticed he made some effort to make her laugh and even held her hand to help her walk a few steps. He also saved her life by catching her trying to stick her finger in an electrical outlet and stopped her before I even noticed. Way to go Luke! You'll make a great big brother!



2 comments:

Eating Cheetos said...

I'm so glad you posted this entry -- we're making the 12+ hour drive from Oklahoma to Kentucky for Thanksgiving. I've been a wreck just thinking about how it will go. You've given me some much needed peace about the whole thing!

Tara Dembowczyk said...

Yay!!!! I'm so very glad the trip went well and you had a wonderful time!!