Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's a rough life!

You know it's a rough life when the worst things in your life are your gas pains! Still, Hope's are really bad! I've called the pediatrician and they assure me that all babies deal with this. Hope screams like a woman in labor when she gets gas. This is one of the only positions that helps her. She needs to get on her belly and I force her to stretch the legs out then pat her back pretty hard. Eventually it passes. Any suggestions from moms out there? Once the pains finally pass, Hope usually falls fast asleep. Even if she's not eaten in several hours. She goes from terribly fussy to asleep almost instantly. The crying must really wear her out!
Like I've said before, Hope loves to sleep on her belly. She's now starting to sleep for close to 2 hours during her morning nap. This is how she sleeps best. I love that little tushy in the air!







2 comments:

Tara Dembowczyk said...

Leigh Ann, Hope is so beautiful! About the gas issue, our doctor told us to leave Hannah is an upright position for 30 min. after eating. Also, rubbing the left side of her back with the palm of your hand in an upward position helps to get the burps out which may eleviate some of the gas. I also tried to determined what foods I ate would cause her the most gas....in Hannah's case, milk (I began using rice milk), chocolate, lima beans and pepperoni pizza. I stayed clear of those things. Love ya!!!

Eating Cheetos said...

Poor little Hope! I can sympathize with your comment regarding the pediatrician. I am convinced that their motto is, "All babies have {insert your concern}" I was just telling Daniel the other day that I thought I could call our peds office and say, "Aubrey has a third ear growing out from her forehead." to which I am sure they would respond with, "Oh, some babies just have third ears start growing out of their forehead. If it continues to grow for more than two weeks, give us a call back." :) It can be so frustrating when all you want is for your little one to not suffer and no one can tell what to do to help them! I hope it's getting better for you all. Maybe you could try holding her like a football with her ams and legs hanging over your arms (make sense? it's hard to describe) or maybe hold her on her side (have you seen/heard of "Happiest Baby on the Block"? They mention the side hold. Daniel used to do it with Aubrey, and it calmed her down every time.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!