Well, It's fall. I can tell because the runny noses have started at my house in full force. Soon, the trees will turn, people's homes will smell of cinnamon and spices, pumpkins will dot every front porch, my kids will once again have an overflowing treat bowl from their Halloween bounty, and we'll get lulled into thinking that this autumn thing is awesome. Then, winter. Ever read the Pout Pout Fish book? (one of Will's all time fav's and a recent Kohl's special) I feel like him in winter :"Blub, bluuub, bluuuuuuuuuuub." Until winter, we are enjoying our flip flops and park play days. We are eating ice cream every chance we get (Wait, we do that in winter, too.), and milking Holiday World for every last thrill.
 |
| Those aforementioned runny noses recently turned into a fever for the kiddos. We were down for a few days with those. This is Hope's nurse face. Watch out germs. |
 |
| And, as summer ends, so does t-ball/softball. Both players had good endings to their seasons. Hope's ended with receiving her first ever trophy. Woody's ended with winning the church league tournament. |
 |
| One all-too fall-ish sort of Sunday afternoon we went to the Botanical Gardens with Papaw to see the Bugs and hear the Wanna Beatles. I wonder if there are more Elvis or Beatles impersonators? My experience is that the Beatles ones are more enjoyable. Hope did some dancing that day! |
 |
| Rain never stops any kid from having fun does it? At what age do we notice that we are actually freezing cold and our hair is frizzing? I can tell you it is sometime after the age of 5. |
 |
| "Hey, Where's the gold? They tell me there is gold at the end of every rainbow, but after 40 laps on this thing, I still haven't found it!" |
 |
| Papaw often tells Hope to turn her frown upside down. Please remind me to do the same in a few months when I am scraping ice off of my windshield and haven't seen the sun in 15 days and the only thing to look forward to is another Sunday afternoon watching 8 hours of football with Woody. |
No comments:
Post a Comment