A lot has changed since my last post. For one, our house finally looks like we are moving (thanks to Grammy and Pappy). Also, my family is all back to work so it's me and the kiddos this week...on our own! Perhaps the biggest change is that Will has woken up. That may not seem like much, but going from a tiny newborn baby with jaundice who sleeps so easily to now a little person who has to be taught how to fall asleep..trust me, it's a big change.
 |
| Will is a super great sport. He lets Hope play doctor with him, fix his hair, and he is a great audience for her choir performances. Here she is singing from her new Dora sing along book. |
 |
| Yesterday was voting day. Did you vote? This picture means a lot to me because it represents what I thought I'd lost with having 2 kids. I used to love teaching Hope all about her world and doing fun little activities with her. With a newborn around...that stuff is mostly gone unless you count teaching about spit up and breast feeding. Yesterday, however we got to take her with us to go vote and then Woody made her a ballot of her own so she could practice voting. I actually had no part in this, but at least Hope is still getting to learn about her world. |
 |
| Proudly sporting the "I voted" sticker. I took her with me to vote and let her pick the races that I didn't already have an opinion about. She chose the girl every time there was a girl to choose. She may turn out to be a liberal feminist voter! |
 |
| Now... for an insight into life with 2 kids. I don't have days and nights yet. I have just a long series of 3 hour intervals. I feed Will approximately every 3 hours. In that time he'll eat, play, then sleep. Also in that time, Hope is still Hope and needs attention, food, love, and reminders to wash her hands. I cannot seem to balance it. I realize that most people who have children have more than one. Some even get really wild and crazy and have 3 or more. This means that either it will get better or I am the most incompetent mother ever. I snapped a few pictures of what goes on at our house during the times when I can't be 2 places at once and Hope goes largely unsupervised. These are all from the same 20 minutes I was away putting Will to sleep for a nap. Here she is cleaning the kitchen windows with water and her bath washrags. She said it was because she had been licking the windows. Great. |
 |
| There was also a 1/2 eaten muffin she managed to swipe from the breakfast that I haven't yet put away. |
 |
| And this...pile...is what she says is her campfire. She has rolled up the area rug and also is throwing a fit at the time of this shot because I won't let her go outside in the rain to find real wood for the fire. |
 |
| Then finally her bathroom. She spends a lot of time in here primping and playing in the water. I have to just let her. I feel guilty that I can't play with her so her leash is much longer than it would otherwise be. Mostly she takes cups and pours water from one to the other but occasionally, she'll add soap for bubbles and has also been found using her toothbrush to stir the soapy water for bubbles. Then she offers you a drink. Nice. Please pray for me. Seriously. |
 |
| Somewhere in the chaos of today, I decided to snap some pictures. I am no good at newborn pictures! Will is also still a funny color which Dr. Yeiser says will most likely be the case for a few more weeks/months. That's why these are all black and white. |
 |
| I think he looks so much like Hope did at this age. |
 |
| He is weighing 9lb 4oz as of Monday. Gaining weight very nicely. He is a spit up machine, though. Dr. Yeiser is trying him on medicine for reflux. It is maybe a tad better, but I still had to wash his hair this morning after it got covered in spit up. Don't ask how that happened... |
 |
| Lest you think all is calm and collected like those other pictures. Here is a more accurate portrayal of what that little photo shoot was like! Add to that Hope putting her face right in front of the lens saying "take a picture of me, not him!" Did I already ask for prayers? If not, pray for me. How in the world do all these people with 2 kids make it? How? |
4 comments:
Hang in there, Leigh Ann. Those first few weeks can be tough, but you guys will find a routine that works for you. (I may need you to remind me of this once Caleb comes :)
The pictures are absolutely beautiful! You are a great photographer and an amazing mother. I will pray for you tonight. Press on, my friend.
Hey, I can't believe you said you're not good at newborn pics...those are great! Saying a prayer for you right now :)
It WILL get better. Some day you will look back on all of this and think...WOW they sure grew up quickly, where did all the time go? I PROMISE! Prayers for you and the kids:)
I just have one little munchkin and feel overwhelmed 99% of the time. When scripture refers to children as a blessing, I think it's because they certainly draw us closer to God! Praying for you and your sweet family!
By the way, those newborn pics are incredible! LOVE the one where Hope is kissing Will. You have such beautiful children!
Post a Comment