Woody often asks me if I'm writing down all the things Hope says. I hate to admit, I'm not. There aren't spaces for these things in her baby book and I've long ago given up on a scrapbook. But I do have a blog, so I'll record them here. You can read them for a laugh, too.
Most of our deep talking goes on at the table when I'm trying to distract her so she doesn't realize she's actually eating a new food or when I'm putting her to bed and she's trying to distract me from seeing the time on the clock tick from 8:30 to 9:00 or lately sometimes even later.
Questions she asks are my favorite. We've moved from "Why mom?" to more specifics which I'm thankful for. I can't always answer her questions though:
"Mom, what are eyeballs made out of?"
"How is Jesus going to get me up there in to heaven?"
"Why is your head stuck to your neck?"
and don't think for a minute that you can sneak anything by her...especially no junk food. "Mom, what's that in your mouth?" "Does this food have vitamins in it?"
Some conversations do get kind of deep:
Hope: "Mom, are you sure you are alive?"
Mom: "Yes, babe, I'm sure."
Hope: "When are you going to die?"
Mom: "Hopefully not until I'm old. Usually people don't die until they are old."
Hope: "Some people are old and they aren't dead."
Mom: "Well, that's true."
Hope: "Is Grammy old?"
Mom: change subject!
Little minds are precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment