This year (it's a long story, but totally legal) Woody was able to rejoin his family for another season of Lewis Lane softball. I'd forgotten how intense it was. I was the book keeper so I was not able to really get many good photos. I kept hoping maybe I'd get some at the next game, but alas: our season ended too quickly in the tournament. Don't worry these aren't taken the last game so you won't see any photos of grown men crying.
![]() |
| Woody (although you can't tell by his facial expression here) was thrilled to rejoin his brothers and dad. I do like this picture because it so perfectly captures that side of Woody that you only get/have to see if you play sports with him. Or if you drive home with him after a game. You see it then, too. People wonder if Woody ever gets mad: yep, he does. |
![]() |
| I wasn't even able to get a picture of all the guys together. I hate that. So here you have them separate. Playing mostly on the left side of the outfield somewhere: Serious Arthur. |
![]() |
| Playing really anywhere in the outfield: Silly BJ. (a note on BJ: he cares the least, has to really be forced to play at all, never practices, forgets about the game before he's even out of the parking lot and is also the only Maglinger to have a home run in a game (over the fence that is) but was also the most consistent batter of the bunch. He also had some amazing catches in the field as well. Woody thinks BJ needs to practice and see what would happen then. I say they all need to take a lesson on how relaxing can help your game!) |
![]() |
| And my favorite player: Sweaty Woody III. His hat could literally be rung out. The RD in me wants to have him weigh before and after each game so that I know exactly how much fluid needs to be replaced. The wife in me knows to just let him go have fun (if you can call the ulcer he gives himself before each game fun) and keep my book quietly, always agreeing that the umpire missed the call when he's out, etc. Seriously though, Woody III has the most heart on the field and plays with much more maturity than even 7 years ago when I started watching him. He may feel old after the game, but never shows his age when he is in his position at short stop. I guess he learned it from his dad, Woody II who is not pictured here because typically at a game, he is in no mood for a photo op. But, he did not let me down again this year: still sliding into base...head first when necessary. |
No comments:
Post a Comment