Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Arts and Crafts

For YEARS I've been trying to organize our office room in the house.  Whew, it's a chore.  It's the door that is always shut every time I hear the doorbell ring.  It houses our arts and crafts as well.  Hope loves to play in there.  I've come upon a blog of a room one mom created that is the "library/art room"  There is a table that is old and can be painted on with no worries, puzzles and projects can be left out and not need to be cleared off to make room for supper, etc.  It's bright and cheerful and very well organized.  I covet that room.  I will make that room!  In the mean time, here glimpse of our family arts and crafts time:

On a "nature walk" we recently took Hope collected some fall leaves.  Woody helped her trace them and cut them out.  Yes- my 23 month old used scissors.  I gotta get me some kiddie ones.

Then I helped her do a rub of the leaves.  Can you believe Woody had never done this as a child?  Just an FYI, if your kids want to rub leaves, those triangle shaped crayolas that have come out to help children hold crayons correctly are perfect for this.  The flat sides really help.  Those crayons are other wise useless in my opinion...they break so easily.  But I was glad we had them for our rub.

We've also recently inherited some of our very crafty cousin Maggie's old art supplies.  It has caused a renewal of our own artistic sides.   Don't you love those gigantic coloring books?  Even Mom has lots of fun with them.  We're playing more play doh, doing water colors, colored pencils, making foam Pooh door hangers and marking with markers for hours each day. 

No comments: