Saturday, May 15, 2010

Park Tour: Moreland

Ta da! May I present, our favorite park so far!! I need to preface these pictures with a statement. It was almost sunset on a cold night after we'd spent the day at the bar b que festival. I sooo wish these pictures were better, brighter and made the park look better. But, they are what they are. Okay, actually they are what they are after a little lightening work in Photoshop.
First, here's Hope and Dad zooming around like airplanes (Hope really believed she was flying!) looking for the sign. No sign! The sign that used to be there has been replaced with a direction sign leading you to the new ice skating building.
The toddler area. See, it's not an after-thought. It's nice. The shade, it's great, too. Have I mentioned we love this park?
Here's one view of the big kids area. But honestly it's so big I couldn't fit it all in to my view finder. We'll try again to get some pictures but we were in a hurry this night.

The ground! Oh the ground! It's that soft squishy stuff. (the toddler area is still mulch. It's the only thing keeping this park from total perfection.)

There is a rock, thingy that the big kids climb on. It scares me a little. Actually my fingers got sweaty just typing this. But Dad was here today so Hope got to go.

And also because Dad was here there is actually a picture of Hope and mom together. Hi everyone!
My facebook friends have already seen these swing pictures, but I love em, so I'm adding one here, too.

Overall Moreland is a total winner. There are usually other children there, but it's not too crowded, the play stuff is fun, it's got a great ice cream shop nearby, the ground is amazing. It of course gets an A. Sometime when the light is better, I'll show you the rest.






No comments: