Wednesday, March 3, 2010

This One's For the Girls!

Last week was lemon bars, but this week is chocolate cake! Hope has a favorite book: "Spot Bakes a Cake" and mom has a favorite website: thepioneerwoman.com. Together, these make the perfect recipe for a day in the kitchen making the Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Sheet Cake. I measured everything out while she was napping and turns out, that makes the cooking with a toddler process go much more smoothly! First, we read our Spot book to really get in the mood for cooking:
Then we started stirring and pouring: Yes I really let her pour in the buttermilk and yes it really went in the bowl.
Now, Hope, allow Mom to introduce you to chocolate. mmmm!
Folks, this next picture is not staged or prompted. She went to the fridge asked me to open it and then got out the chocolate syrup. As if to say "now let's really get this party started!" I've never been so proud! But I do have questions as to exactly who taught her what that wonderful brown bottle in the fridge was all about! Grammy? Big Pappy? Dad? Anybody want to own up to this?!

Yes, I did let her lick the icing spoon (no eggs in icing!)
Then, just because she's so darn cute, we finished off with chocolate's best friend: Whipped cream....squirted right in the mouth. Am I a fun mom or what?!

Finished product: There's Hope's corner in the bottom without the pecans. But just between us, the pecans really make it better.
And, in case you think all we do around here is cook, here's a few more pictures. We also play with our hair...
and play dress up....and go to the store, have play dates at the museum, play basketball at the CLC, work puzzles, do laundry, read books, dress up Elmo (more on that later), and color pictures. And that was just this week! Also...for the winter fun update: We've almost made it folks! Just 11 more days until daylight savings time!










No comments: