Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Days

Well, it snowed again. This time, Hope wasn't sick so....I bundled her up, greased her face and put bags on her shoes. Yes, bags. Why didn't I just buy snow boots for her? Mainly because I never found any in her size. I guess her feet are small? Need a closer look at those feet? Don't worry, none of the neighborhood kids saw.
It was so deep, I had to help her walk. Yes, I know, the bags didn't help the walking either.
Cute little Eskimo!
Don't know about you, but in my family snow angels are a tradition. Here's Hope making her very first.

Nothing is sweeter than this tiny thing!
GRADD was on a 2 hour delay so Dad could play, too. I guess in his family miniature snow people are a tradition.
And true to why I married him, Woody makes all things more fun. Here he's making our snow day more fun. We rigged up a little sled! By the end of play time, we'd really gotten this down and it was a blast.
This is not why I married him, but Woody has a bad habit of teasing small children. He's always hiding their toys somewhere on them where they just can't reach. It makes me sad.
I love all things miniature (except dogs, I like big dogs). I love all the travel sized toiletries at Walmart. I love those perfectly replicated furniture things that go in doll houses, I love fun sized candy bars and I especially love baby/toddler things that are miniature. It was that love and a quest for a bag that Hope and I could use to carry the essentials without lugging around the whole diaper bag that caused me to purchase this miniature back pack. It is absolutely too much. Hope...she's not so sure about it yet.
Doesn't she look ready for school? Hopefully by the time we're ready for school, I'll have those fingers permanently out of her mouth!
See, it's too cute. Has her name and everything!
And, a totally unflattering picture of both of us! But, it's the only picture where we look anything alike! See those crazy eyes? When we both make crazy eye faces you can see Woody's right. She has his eye sockets and my eye balls. Terrible picture of us both, but I'll treasure it always!













1 comment:

Tara Dembowczyk said...

I love reading your posts! Looks like you had a wonderful time in the snow. And that little backpack is adorable...but Hope makes it even cuter!!!! Love you guys!