Saturday, January 9, 2010

Lean Mean Cleaning Machine

Well, for those of you who read the last post, we're still all about brushing teeth at the Maglinger house. Here it is...the infamous toothbrush.Hope still brushing teeth... By the way, how do you teach a baby to spit? Do you teach them? Is it worth all the inappropriate times they'll spit just for proper tooth brushing technique?
Not only does Hope like to clean her teeth, she likes to clean other things, too. Washing hands is way cool, wiping up messes, dusting and here we are with our brooms. Hope has the miniature one that goes with the dust pan. I honestly think she believes I clean for fun in much the same way she throws a ball, etc. She always wants to join in the fun. As you can see in the background, someone needs to tell her how much fun it is to pick up all her toys when she's finished playing with them. Please excuse the quality of this picture. The camera has too many settings and they are too easy to accidentally change. (blame the camera, right? Couldn't possibly be the photographer!)
Kids are quirky. Hope went on about a 3 day hunger strike. I blamed the teething. She did that when she cut her first 2 teeth. But, she's started eating again and there's still no tooth. Anyway, when she finally did start eating again, I was so excited that I gave her an Oreo. It's her first and you get to witness it. She didn't appreciate it really. Don't get me wrong, she ate it but mostly just the filling. I love Oreos. They are the only store bought cookie that I just can't resist. I make it a practice not to keep them in my home. But, Christmas came and with it came oreo stuffed stockings. It's torture. As you read this, you can pretty well assume I'm either eating an oreo, have just eaten an oreo or am still trying to pick the black crumbs out of my teeth and finger nails from the last oreo I've eaten. This week, it's not hard to find the fun in winter. Snow. Snow days have always been fun but a sweet little girl who says "snow" every time she sees a window...or Noah's beard which if you ask me really does look like snow...makes snow days even better! Yes she did fall flat on her face in the snow and no I didn't find it appropriate to take a picture of it before I helped her up! Sorry.

Before all the Grandmothers get mad, I have 3 layers on her: the outer one water proof and her cheeks are protected with a layer of Vaseline over a layer of Aquafor.






No comments: