Sunday, November 23, 2008

Growing Up So FAST!

Hope has had lots of "firsts" this past week. Her doctor told us that she should be getting lots of belly time. I had heard babies hate this. Not Hope! She loves it. It puts her to sleep instantly. Unfortunately now she knows what this is like and almost refused to sleep on her back. This has made for some loooong nights for Mom and Dad! Hope's umbilical cord fell off sometime last week as well which meant we could give her a real bath. This is something I'd heard that babies DO like. Once again, Hope's an individual. She hates it! I've learned to get the bathroom much warmer before we do a bath and that has helped some. This is her first bath (no, I'm not choking her!). Things have gotten some better. She tolerates sitting in it and getting her hair washed but doesn't like any part of her body to be washed.

Hillary and her family were in last weekend. Our children got to meet! Here's Jack with Hope. I think they got along well!

This is Mommy's least favorite photo! The doctor also said it's a good idea to teach Hope how to take a bottle earlier than later. Grammy actually gave her the first bottle on Thursday. Here's Dad giving her the second one. I had no idea how much this would bother me. She nursed just fine afterwards and all was well. Not sure she really likes the bottle all that much yet. We'll keep working on it...
I've also noticed this week that Hope likes to look at the things dangling above her on her bouncy seat so I added her toys to her car seat also. She looks at them intently!






1 comment:

Eating Cheetos said...

Little Hope is absolutely precious! I had to laugh that she loves tummy time! Aubrey gets so upset when we make her get on her belly. She does like it on Daniel's chest, so we try to at least get some good Daddy/Tummy time in every day!

Aubrey's starting to get better at bath time -- she wasn't a big fan at the beginning like Hope. Daniel kept saying, "I thought they say bath time is the best time!?" It sounds like you and I were given two little girls who just don't go by the books! :)

I hope you were able to finally get some sleep the other night -- I feel your pain! Aubrey has been sleeping pretty well these past couple of nights, so I'm praying this trend lasts!

Keep posting -- we love reading and seeing pics of you all!

Love, Ashley